Centre for Writing Competence
- A new edition of our book "Wissenschaftlich schreiben - gewusst wie" was brought out.
- Our writing group is looking forward to new members. If you are interested in writing together with other students, please write to us and we will invite you to the Zoom meetings.
- There is going to be the Week of Writing at the end of February. We would be happy if you joined us.
- At the moment, our consultations take place on Zoom. It's best to make an appointment, but you can also try out Zoom to see if you can reach us directly.
- The City University of Hong Kong offers interesting (English) videos on Youtube which deal with various topics about academic writing.
- Our essay on The Impact of COVID-19 on the Coaching Space in the blog of The Journal of Writing Center Scholarship is online.
- On Wednesdays, 11:30–13:30 our writers' group meets in Zoom. If you want to participate, please send us an e-mail to let us know.
- Results of our cooperation with the Technical University and the Medical Faculty on fostering writing in elderly people can be viewed online.
- If you are no student of the Faculty of Humanities, we offer coaching in the USB on Wednesdays. Write an e-mail to ub-uni-koeln-schreibberatunggmx.de for an appointment on Zoom.
- The online Writing-tutorial on the Ethics of Science(in German) is now online.
The Writing Centre was established in 2007 and has ever since been a reference point when it comes to research and writing in an academic context at the University of Cologne. As part of the Dean's O
office, we offer a great variety of services: singular as well as regular peer-coaching, compact seminars and cooperative teaching on methods and techniques of writing in an academic context. We also offer a trainee programme for students interested in becoming writing coaches themselves.
In addition to these various services, an ongoing topic of research at our Centre focuses on the linguistic and psychological aspects of the writing process.
Follow the links below to take a closer look